about me

i'm carly, aka a daughter of christ//student//multitasking extraordinaire//adventurer//lover of sunsets, books, and people.

8.02.2014

isaiah 43

isaiah 43 is probably one of my favorite passages in the bible--so much truth and encouragement.

right now, i'm kind of meditating on verse two:
"when you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
when you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."

what a promise!! see, but God doesn't promise us that we will have an easy life; we are undoubtedly going to have to "pass through rivers" and "walk through fire," but we have Him. He is our provider, our protection, and Father.

as i'm sitting here writing this, God said to me, "there won't always be a clear path, but i'll show you the way."

in deuteronomy 31:8, we are promised that "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
while that is really comforting, it makes me WANT to go out of my comfort zone. 
how different would our lives me if we really claimed that promise and lived our lives knowing that He had gone before and was always with us?//9.2.14