about me

i'm carly, aka a daughter of christ//student//multitasking extraordinaire//adventurer//lover of sunsets, books, and people.

3.08.2014

greetings

          God hasn't quite blessed me with a spirit of persistence, but the month of March has been prosperous in creating new, good habits, so why not start this?  I've been reading my Bible every day, filling my playlists with more worship music, journaling, and making a constant effort to encourage others and exalt God in every move I make and word I say.  In this time, I feel closer to God than I ever have, and in that, He is revealing new things about me to me.  I now know my deepest, excruciating fears, and one of them is letting down my exterior. Here it goes. I was terrified of doing this, but if God is blessing me with knowledge and experiences unique to my own circumstances, why not share? Any one reading this: just know that it isn't by accident. And even though this post is about me and my insecurities, I hope God will use this to speak to you.
         I'm Carly. At the moment, I am sporting some Eyore footie pajamas. I'm on my eighth episode of Gossip Girl just today. My biggest flaw is not being able to find happy mediums: I either say nothing, or everything. I'm scared of what people think about me because I have no control over their judgement. I spend too much time on my phone. I wear too much eyeliner. I laugh a lot ((but not too much)). If anybody else said that too me, I would probably explode, and then explode again if they told me I was overreacting. Not anymore: from now on, my goal for myself is to find the best version of myself through my identity in Christ, and run towards that at a million miles an hour, and along the way, help others too. Accompany me on the way?//3.8.14